Friday 11 July 2008

Finally got a hypothesis!!!!

After thinking (and worrying) for weeks and weeks that I haven't yet decided on a hypothesis, I spoke to Miss Ward about my research so far and she came up with the question 'Can we argue the media is glamourising knife crime?'

I feel this is a good hypothesis as I have said in previous posts that the media may be advertising the culture in some way to teenagers. With the recent increasing rise in knife crime and the coverage of it in the media, the question is one that can have many debates.

I feel I can discuss the way newspapers present their stories on knife crime and the fairly recent film 'Kidulthood' and the more recent 'Adulthood' which shows the brutality of London streets in a gang culture, featuring knife crime and possibly answering questions as to why the stabbings are increasing.

No comments: